I get funny looks & funny questions/comments when people find out I like to bike alot. They’re simple questions but I usually try to convince them that cycling is awesome and get way too deep into it and end up sounding a little crazy and I get a funny look. So I think I’m a little too emotionally involved, I feel the need to always defend and endorse cycling. I made myself a list of easy responses to typical questions/comments.
– Boy you must have alot of free time to ride that thing.
Yeah, it really cuts into my tv time.
– Are’nt you scared of cars?
– Should’nt you ride against traffic instead of with it?
You try that crap going 20+mph
-What are you manorexic?
No, I likely eat more than you.
– Man those bike seats hurt my butt
You dont pedal hard enough wuss.
– Why not just drive?
I see god on every ride.
– Thats great your being green
Yes I’m fueled by whiskey, not oil.
-Dont you sweat alot?
No, never ever.
-You wear a helmet?
Yes, I’ve given comas some thought
-Why dont you ride on the sidewalk?
Where do I ride when the sidewalk ends?
– I wish I could ride to work.
Could you ride to the grocery store or perhaps your grandmas house?
– I just wanna ride around, what kinda bike should I buy?
Start with a $300 mountain bike from a friendly bike shop close to your house.
– I used to love to ride.
If you loved it then, you’d love it now.